Developing performance-oriented JDBC applications is not easy. JDBC drivers do not throw exceptions to tell you when your code is running too slow.
This series of tip presents some general guidelines for improving JDBC application performance that have been compiled by examining the JDBC implementations of numerous shipping JDBC applications. These guidelines include:
- Using Database MetaData Methods Appropriately
- Retrieving only Required Data
- Selecting Functions that Optimize Performance
- Managing Connections and Updates
- Designing and Running Benchmarks for Performance